This week we are running a short series, Five Reasons Jesus. . ., created by Pastor David Hamstra. It should provoke folks to rethink some assumptions. (It has for me.) And since he includes scripture, we'd love to see commenters check out the texts cited (and helpfully linked!) to see if they and their context holds up each claim. -AC
- He said scripture cannot contradict itself (John 10:35).
- He believed that Adam and Eve were created by God in the beginning (Mat 19:4).
- He taught that extra-marital sexual lust is a sin (Mat 5:28).
- He believed in miracles (Luke 10:13).
- He said, "No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6, ESV).
I think the f-word is getting thrown around pejoratively a lot in progressive circles. Kind of like conservatives did to "community organizer" in the election. Well, if Jesus was a community organizer then maybe he was also a f....
Next Up: The top five reasons Jesus was a liberal
David Hamstra is a Divinity student at Andrews University. He has a BA from Canadian University College and was a pastor in Grande Prairie, Alberta for nearly four years. He blogs at apokalupto.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/1838