1. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission settles Seventh-day Adventist religious discrimination suit
The EEOC said late last month that when James Wright applied for employment with Altec Industries Inc.’s Burnsville, N.C., manufacturing facility, he said that as a Seventh Day Adventist, he could not work on his Sabbath, which runs from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. The EEOC charged in its complaint that Altec decided not to hire him as a result, which it said violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
2. Adventists continue to get publicity via the Rose Parade.
- First female newborn heart transplant recipient from LLU rides Rose Parade float on New Year's Day
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center is proud to announce their pledge of $35,000 to help fund the City of Glendale's 2013 Rose Parade Float
3. A Change.org petition: The Potomac Conference of Seventh-day Adventists: Revise your decision to dismiss certain staff from Camp Blue Ridge
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/5001