To the Church In Keene, Texas: A Letter of Apology

(Winona Winkler Wendth) #21

If pastors who are not academically sound, spiritually inspiring, and rhetorically expert or, even, correct, were released from service, we would have many empty pulpits. “Not that good,” is not that uncommon.

(Randle Patrick) #22

There is a pastor of a local congregation, granted not with the “prestige” of Keene, whom the congregation wishes would retire for going on 5 years.

He can’t.

Because his house is underwater.

Not physically.

But financially.

(George Tichy) #23

Jared @JaredWright , very well done. Everything has been properly corrected and I don’t think we even remember what actually happened…
Moving forward!

(Elmer Cupino) #24

Too bad EGW isn’t around to have gotten this memo of yours.

@GeorgeTichy

Reading your comment & previous ones from other articles I simply can’t believe you have a PhD & especially in psychology.

But I’ll keep moving forward.

(Elmer Cupino) #26

Do you have any links to your sermons? Would you be kind enough to post them for us to offer an opinion? Better still, can you give us the name of the church you pastor in? I’d like to attend to hear you preach.

@GeorgeTichy

“Mental Health Professional” - I feel like the commentators on this site are fake!

Google.com - it’s 2015

(Elmer Cupino) #28

Would you tell me more about what makes you “feel” that commentators on this site are fake?

For having a name “BeingHonest” and using an alias speaks volume about your concern for fake commentators.

@GeorgeTichy

(Randle Patrick) #29

You will when Oberg is next.

People on here are giving their honest opinion. You can’t post a serious comment without tagging your buddy (Mr. PhD) on every comment you post.

Did your mom ever tell you to not give out your real name on social media? Especially on spectrum because the adventist community like to gossip.

(Elmer Cupino) #31

@GeorgeTichy

Another prophet predicting the future?

(Elmer Cupino) #32

I’m past the age of holding my mom responsible for my actions.

Gossip? Is that the best description you can come up with to describe believers belonging to the SDA church?

OTOH, it’s best if you keep alias name.

Dr. Tichy @GeorgeTichy helps me understand and formulate why people behave the way they do. It stops me from being judgemental. You might consider him some day.

(Randle Patrick) #34

No.

As a historian history repeats itself.

Regardless of names.

I’ll leave it to the psychiatric professional’s of why.

Regardless of names.

(Andrew) #36

You called him 'dumb". I presume you applied your own lesson by checking your facts. Presumably Jared can’t speak?

To hit a man when he is down is poor form.

I doubt spectrum lost any readers of note and may have gained new ones.

What Jared has done speaks to his professionalism. He acted quickly when he found a problem and then let everyone know what the problem was. In doing so, he made himself vulnerable. This is a true sign he regrets his error and that he has learned from it.

We all make mistakes in life. The issue is not that we make mistakes, but what we do when we are in error.

So Jared has demonstrated a valuable life lesson for us all to learn from.

(Tim Teichman) #37

No. She doesn’t know what it is.

Oh I sure hope so. Hope lots and lots of people come here to see your posts and try to guess who you are.

Interesting, I see you edited your comment twice. Let me guess…you didnt check your facts?

:-1:

(Pagophilus) #41

That’s how I feel about the women pastors I have encountered in Australia. The female lay preachers I’ve listened to can preach a real biblical sermon. The pastors push agendas and intersperse them with the occasional out of context Bible verse.

(Elmer Cupino) #42

More reason to ordain them and send them on their way to preach the gospel. Or do you think that once these female preachers are ordained, they lose their edge?

(Elmer Cupino) #43

Only because of our neurotic thinking. Consider what Einstein said, “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

More reason why those who make recurring mistakes do therapy with the likes of @GeorgeTichy, to break the cycle. Take this from a psychiatric professional.

(Rohan Charlton) #44

What’s upset you so much? I mean you sound quite irate. Are you alright?

‘Peace in the Valley’ an all that eh? There’s a lot of really nice, interesting people here, give us a chance :smile: