Tribute to Charles Edward Bradford

On September 9, 2021, Elder Charles Bradford, known affectionately as “Brad,” passed to his rest. He was a giant of Adventism, certainly one of the church’s most important figures of the 20th century. This is blacksdahistory.org’s memorial to him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11408
1 Like

While at Sligo 1975-1985, this extraordinary senior pastor for the NAD took the time to encourage, question, and discuss a broad range of theological, ethical and preaching issues with me. He would tell me about the books he was reading and wanted to know which ones I found most helpful. For my money, he was the best informed administrator we had on the true depth of the challenges we faced in Adventism. Had I the power, I would have installed him as the GC president during what became the most tumultuous period in our history. On the other hand, I would not have wanted him to endure the “slings and arrows” he would have received by so many who missed his genius and deep spiritual connection to this church. Just writing this chokes me up.

3 Likes

How different the 1980’s would have been had he been our General president. Such a dark time for all who accepted salvation as a gift and performance as a results of that unconditional gift! I greatly admired his leadership, and devotion to our Lord Jesus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.