Two Models of Church: Which One You Choose Makes All the Difference

(Kim Green) #81

I am glad that you were able to tell your story and let out some pent-up emotions. I hope that some day you will be in a better and happier place, SDARoadKill. I now understand why you chose the moniker that you have. Peace to you.

Why thank-you ! And yes, if the right lane isn’t smearing my guts across the asphalt, the left lane is crushing my head. . . What is ‘peace’ ?

(Kim Green) #83

Peace is when you can process your past and come to terms with it…it is possible. A good mental health professional can greatly help. You are hardly the only person that I know that has had a “messy” past. The key is to find help in dealing with it.

(Caddy) #84

Roadkill, I had been often immersed in thought on the situations of my early experiences and at times distraught, puzzled and often angered as to why they had occurred. Then one morning I happened upon a bit of wisdom from God that led me to focus on more positive uses of my time.

Isaiah 43:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

John 4:14
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The Spring that feeds that well never runs dry and each time one pulls a fresh draught up there are more precious revelations to dwell upon, incorporate into ones life and share with others.

(Elmer Cupino) #85

I found this poster which says a lot. It is a summary of what we psychotherapists do.

“Happiness ain’t a thing in itself
its only a contrast with something that ain’t pleasant.”

~ Mark Twain, from “Captain Stormfield’s Visit to Heaven”

Actually the Protestant Reformers already failed to find harmony and relevant conversation using ‘Sola Scriptura’. Hundreds of denominations later . . . “Spectrum”.

(Steve Mga) #88

Our Founding Fathers had it RIGHT – the pursuit of Happiness.
NEVER receiving it because happiness has to do mostly with
The Pride of Life.
Jesus in the Gospel of John and in 1John [the letter] says ALL
He Brings is JOY, NOT Happiness.
Kay Warren wrote a book recently [2012] titled “Choose JOY –
Because Happiness Isn’t Enough”.

(Steve Mga) #89

RKP? Yes, that IS Biblical. Scripture speaks to us, we ingest the words,
and transform US into the Living Word that others read.
And hopefully, lead them to Scripture reading and ingesting the words.
PS-- Kevin has a difficult time with “conversation”. So be OK with the
attempt at conversation on the other site.

(JRStovall) #90

Haven’t you read their(Advindicate/Fulcrum 7) rules? Never question the author of an article or member, for they are above reproach!! However all those that disagree are fair game. :rofl:

Yep, even Jesus. . . and SDAs like Paulson think they want Him to return soon ? Imagine that scene :

“Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit . . . what ? . . . That’s ‘Moral Influence Theory’, you say . . . ?”

Sorry, the only way I can hope to explain is more ‘stories’:

(Kim Green) #93

I have heard worse life stories than yours and they have found ways to move forward in life. If you wish to continue carrying the burden on your shoulders…that is your right and privilege. Peace.

(Steve Mga) #94

Not to downplay the Horrors associated with your SDA family, and with other
SDAs in general.
But does God still have tasks for you to do that you have NOT discovered
as yet?
This Week-end coming up is the Celebration of Pentecost [the end of the
Jewish Feast of [7] Weeks after Passover], the giving of the Holy Spirit,
the Birthday of the Christian church.
Think of yourself becoming an Employee of the Holy Spirit [not a Denomination]
this week-end. Let the Spirit be your guiding Light.
The readings are Acts 2:1-21, Romans 8:14-17, John 14: 8-17,25-27,
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b.
34,35 – May my meditation be sweet to Him. I will be glad in the Lord. Bless
the Lord, O my soul! Praise the Lord!

(Elmer Cupino) #95

Unless you are able to deal with those “insane experiences” in a manner that would enhance your continued maturity, then you wouldn’t need any “good mental health professional” consultation. But if those “insane experiences” are weighing you down and keeping you from promoting healthy interpersonal relationships, then you should consider help from the likes of Kim @cincerity or George @GeorgeTichy .

OK. I’m wrong. You win. Adios.

(Kim Green) #97

It isn’t about “winning”…it’s your life and what you make of it. Your choice to choose what you become (or not).

I have just read through all of Acts 2, Romans 8, John 14 and Psalm 104.

(Christopher) #99

The first lie about the 1844 was that Jesus did not enter the Most Holy in AD 31 but was made to wait in the Holy until 1844! And this opened the floodgates of lies of the I.J doctrine.

(David) #100

31??

The alleged heir of Peter doesn’t even know what year it was (or he’s just being coy). How did you find out (Did Ellen tell you?)?

In all seriousness, how do you know it was 31?

@ABEN