When Conflict Arises

Maybe they feel indigestion just thinking of an event like that…
And, why should they if he is working against them? That would be crazy.

1 Like

i think it would be a big-hearted gesture on their part…it would show an unmistakable intent for solidarity with the world church…

1 Like

Good view of S Diego at FT Rosecrans cemetery.
Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island is a tourist hit.

I heard Ted at an SECC church that I attend. More of the same Adventist ineptness. Almost all pastors are clueless on sermons.

So much shallow theological therapy and institutional promotion.

I agree with all you’ve written in your post about the nature of love. However, to use extremely singular examples, how does all this apply to an Adolph Hitler, or a Nero, or an Eichmann, or Stalin, or Mao, or Idi Amin, people who were responsible for mass genocide and murder. How does it apply to slave owners and business people who amassed their fortunes on the backs of the poor and by trafficking in human souls, as it says in Revelation?

In fact, the souls under the altar in Revelation cry out how long, as they seek restorative justice. Jesus’s parable about the poor widow has her crying out to the unjust judge, “Avenge me on my enemy.” Jesus says that God won’t be like that unjust judge, uncaring and unresponsive until pressed to the wall about his own reputation.

It seems to be an unpopular view that God will deal with persecutors, and injustice, and all who trafficked in such, by eliminating it and them from his restored creation. Honestly, how would a Hitler or Pol Pot, or slave traders, grow into maturity in that environment, when their entire lives here were spent wreaking havoc and destruction? Wouldn’t love seek to protect its own from such danger, abuse, and abusive, evil people all over again?

Thanks…

Frank

2 Likes

You two guys do a great job in a language that isn’t your primary one!

Frank

2 Likes

11/17/18 - #2 (67)

I don’t know. I just know that God is bigger that Iron Age views of Divinity.

I understand that is an unthinkable thought to most religious people, and I don’t expect it to be persuasive.

1 Like

This is not simply iron age thinking, Cassie. This is saying that evil and injustice must be dealt with in a way that ensures that it won’t continue ad infinitum. People won’t stop being themselves via a magical amnesia or a personality/character transplant in the context of new creation. They are who they are. If brutality, abuse, and manipulation of people is what they spent their lives doing here, how is it wrong to expect a loving God to address such, and eliminate the problem for good so that his creatures and creation won’t be subject to such again?

Thanks…

Frank

11/17-18 - #5 (69)

It will never seem wrong as long as we consult human concepts of justice, of course.

I’m suggesting that the Great Creator of the Universe has a moral imagination that we will one day fall down before in adoration and wonder.

But I don’t expect what I say to be persuasive.

2 Likes

Cassie,

Outside of magically transforming a Hitler or sex traffickers with no agreement from them, and no repentance (the constant call of the gospel), how does this work? What they did here to their victims counts for nothing?

How does the biblical idea of a judgement, seen as good news by the victims and the persecuted work with this? How do the Beatitudes even work with this…blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the land, blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness/justice, for they will be satisfied, etc.?

What you’re saying totally overthrows the biblical idea and narrative. That’s fine, as long as one is not pretending to be biblical or believe in what it is saying.

Thanks…

Frank

2 Likes

Well, just imagine what we could do in our primary language then… :rofl:
Thanks for the compliment. It is quite a challenge sometimes.

2 Likes

11/17/18 - #6 (72)

Suggesting a better question:

Who is God?

Cassie…

I could give you the typical answers…Jesus, the crucified and risen one. God is love. The one who loves his enemies. The one who called for their forgiveness as he was dying on the cross. They may be typical, but this is who I believe God to be, as expressed to us. However, Jesus also spoke often of the judgement of those who spurned God’s forgiveness and mercy, and persisted in injustice, oppression, and evil.

You seem to feel that this is a primitive, iron age construct, as if they were so much more ignorant then, than we are now. Were they? Look at our world. The same sophisticated, technological advancement that brought us penicillin, also brought us Auschwitz. That brought us new forms of travel and power sources, also brought the nuclear bomb. That rejected the idea of Christianity and all religion as philosophically primitive, brought us the pogroms of Stalin and Mao. And the atrocities and abuses continue.

Judgement as good news means that God will intervene to set everything to rights. I don’t view this as a human construct. I believe that such exercise of justice is an act of loving protection. I also believe that the idea of burning fire may not be literal, but can be viewed as symbolic of renewal and cleansing, especially in the context of a highly symbolic apocalyptic book such as Revelation. It simply means that the renewal of all things will not include those who persisted in what will continue to bring discord, strife, oppression, injustice, pain, suffering, and death.

It will be shared by those who embraced authentic life and the authentic lifegiver.

Thanks…

Frank

2 Likes

Was the apostle Paul in a fleshly /carnal, discriminating culture prejudice mode when he wrote his alleged misogynist verses in Timothy & Titus?

11/18/18 #2 (75)

Frank, if you can viscerally rejoice at the thought of God burning (torturing) billions of people to death at Christ’s Second Coming, God bless you.

As I said earlier, I’ve lingered far too long where I never belonged.

Adventist people, Godspeed in your future adventures.

By today’s standards…yes. Any other “obvious” questions?

1 Like

"Adventist people, Godspeed in your future adventures."

It will be what it will be…for better and for worse. Fortunately God doesn’t play by “Adventist” rules- now or ever.

2 Likes

Well, we must soon have an idea of how will the Krap Kompliance Kommandos “reach their goals”…

1 Like

Cassie…

You apparently didn’t read what I said about the symbolic idea of fire in Revelation. I would suggest you read it again, and then see if I’m rejoicing over people being burned alive.

Frank

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS!

I just learned that the official logo for the Krap Kompliance Kommandos has been chosen, the friendliest possible the KGC could find:

Image may contain: bird

2 Likes