Why the Church Has To Stop Saying Sexual Sin Is the Most Important Thing

(Elmer Cupino) #492

Forget about the “sexual revolution” and “liberation” and focus on 1 Timothy 3:4 “He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.”

I know a number of SDA ministers whose children don’t “obey” them, nor do they train their children in a “manner worthy of full respect,” yet the church has allowed them to continue to function in their respective roles. I won’t name names.

Would you care to expound on this preferential treatment?

(Carolyn Parsons) #493

I know, a thread about “sexual sin” being invaded by ordination. Then again, several ordination threads have been invaded by “sexual sin”. :grin:

Bringing up SKP is like brining up Hitler or the Nazis. It is an easy go-to because of the horrific nature of his particular “sexual Sin”. :anguished:

(Simone) #494

Will God find the feith when He came back? You reason from culture, you are putting man knowlege above Scripture (You are of the opinion that your beliefs are aligned with God. This allows you to pass the sort of judgements on other views that you do here. You, a mere mortal. How do you justify your exalted knowledge-position? - website editor), that’s why you never substanciate with the bible your personal opinions… This is very sad brother

(Bryan Ness) #496

And you are allowing culture (i.e., past culture) do you thinking for you. There are ditches on both sides of the road.

(Carolyn Parsons) #497

It may be difficult to get a picture of a gay Adventist pastor. I image that they are all in the closet.

(Elmer Cupino) #498

This is the primary reason why the SDA church frowns and discourages premarital sex, it frequently leads to dancing. :smile:

(Bryan Ness) #499

Not in my closet. :wink: I suspect it would be easier to find a transgender pastor. Although a celibate individual who has never acted on their attractions may exist, but as you say, that would be “in the closet.”

(Bryan Ness) #500

Elmer, I think you are getting senile. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Gill Bahnsen) #501

Remember @Simone that the entire Bible is inseparably linked to Culture in a very broad sense, and cultures specifically that had different languages (nothing but cultural) and then the English (and other modern language) translations are one more cultural step away from the original cultures, and then we bring our own personal cultural filters whenever we read it.

(Mercy triumphs over judgment. James 2:13) #502

There are no policies, Fundamental Beliefs, or GC votes either prohibiting WO or defining it as heresy. The GC votes have solely been on Division variance:
“[T]he church has not taken an official position on the biblical support (or lack of it) for the ordination of women to the ministry. It has simply voted against leaving the decision up to each world division of the church.”
Copyright © Biblical Research Institute General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists®
https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/materials/church/ordination-women

I have no cognitive or spiritual ability to comprehend your dismissal of the ministry of this Adventist pastor. It makes me weep. It’s best that you attempt further conversations w/ someone who does comprehend.

(Simone, I suggest you move on to another topic. This one is exhausted. If you have no other topics to discuss then ok, but move on from this one. - website editor)

(George Tichy) #504

You are right brother Simone. I never do that. I never throw biblical verses on other people, or any other quotes. In all the years I have participated here, only once I commented on a biblical verse when someone asked for an opinion that did not involve theology or belief.

We should study our Bible and learn the principles it contains . Using verses as bullets against other believers …, well I wouldn’t dare to do that. There are many people that parrot biblical verses and “other writings” who at the same time have not been able to grasp the most important principles taught in Scripture.

(George Tichy) #505

This one made my day!!!
FOFLOL!!!

(George Tichy) #507

:laughing:
Not at all Elaine, It only shows that @elmer_cupino is actually identifying the level of psychological/spiritual functioning that some people are at.

I bet some people judge others’ purity like this: If you didn’t learn to dance that must mean that you had no premarital sex.

No Spectrumite ever learned dancing, right? … :wink:

(Bryan Ness) #508

Et tu George? I am not Elaine, or even female (I think). :worried:

(George Tichy) #509

I would also suggest that brother Simone use the spell checker on his computer. Simple common sense… :wink:

(George Tichy) #510

It seems that senility is hitting the fan around here!!!.. :slight_smile:

(Bryan Ness) #511

I just forgot what I was going to say. :sleeping:

(George Tichy) #512

And who is this guy that you quoted a post from??? :worried:

(Bryan Ness) #513

You expect me to remember back that far? I may not be a senile as you, but I am an absent-minded professor. :wink:

(Gill Bahnsen) #514

Where does the Word of God say this? What I read in Scripture is that the Spirit speaks to us directly, personally. Jesus said in John 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice.”

Joel 2:28-29 says, “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

The same message is repeated throughout the Bible: Proverbs 1:23; Isaiah 44:3; Ezekiel 39:29; Acts 10:44-46. And why, then, do we need Ellen White when we can have the same Spirit for ourselves directly? It worked for the early church extremely well, as described in Acts 2.